Wednesday, May 23, 2007

College of Eastern Utah

What can I say. . . CEU is great! I know a lot of people have never heard of it, or if they have the question always is "Why are you going there?" To tell you the truth I have loved going to school there. For being a two year college it really has a lot to offer.
What brought me down there was the Ambassador Scholarship. I had never really heard of the college or even been down to Price, but I decided to try out for their Ambassador program. I went down to Price for my first time, did a presentation and had an interview and a few weeks later I had a full ride scholarship to CEU to be an ambassador. For some reason it just worked out perfectly, so off to Price I went.
What an ambassador is, for those who are wondering, it is a recruitment program for the college. As an ambassador we go out to high schools all over the state and endorse CEU. We are very involved with on campus activties and programs, we give tours, give information and show the public what The College of Eastern Utah has to offer.
I could go on and tell you that CEU has the lowest tuition in the state, has an 18 to 1 student to teacher ratio, but from my experience there, that is not what made it fun. I made some of the best friends I have down there and had some of the best times. We were crazy down there in P-town. Along with the friends and the fun, I had a great experience with the College Stake. I was lucky enough to be called as the Relief Society President of one of the college wards. And I don't care what anyone says . . . CEU has the best institute program. I learned a lot down there and had tons of fun. I am looking forward to starting the nursing program there. It will definately be different from my first two years, but just as rewarding none the less.

No comments: