Monday, July 2, 2007

So Far So.... well it's ok

So I'm back in Price now and have started nursing classes. The first day was good, but I all of a sudden started not feeling well. I was hoping it would pass seeing as how it was the first week of classes. It didn't get better. . . I couldn't sleep and the next morning I had a fever, aches and the beginning of a sore throat :( I had a quiz in one of my classes so I took some ibuprofen and toughed my way through my quiz and the two hour class. After that I drove straight home to PG. I didn't have any more classes that week and I haven't started work yet so I figured it would be wise to take the weekend to rest at home so I could hopefully be recovered for class on Monday. Well it didn't get better when I got home, my fever wasn't too bad, but the sore throat got a lot worse and my gums got really swollen and painful. I went to the doctor and it wasn't strep, so there was nothing they could do. . . it was just a virus and would have to heal itself. Well Sunday morning I woke up and had fever blisters (aka cold sores) on my lip. I looked up all my syptoms up online (it's amazing what you can find on the internet) I had gotten the cold sore virus. Sometimes when you initially get it you get fever, sore throat, swollen gums, and of course cold sores. . . I hate to even write this and admit I have them, but I do and I'm stuck with them.

Anyway, I am back in Price and have been in class all day and I feel really good actually. The only thing is my gums are still very painful and swollen. . . It could be a lot worse though, I'm grateful I am back to normal for the most part and that nothing more was wrong with me. I'm not going to let a sore mouth keep me from doing what I need.

2 comments:

Callie said...

I'm sorry Nancy. Its no fun being sick especially at school. Just find a way to relieve some stress. I know its easy to say. Stress is what brings the cold sores out.

Cindy said...

Caleb got the same thing. He got a prescription medicine that can slow them when he feels like they are starting to come on. It helps a bunch.